Moon Ga Young stole the hearts of millions of drama viewers with her leading role in ‘True Beauty’. Are you a fan of the actress or do you want to know more about her, here are some fun facts about the South Korean celebrity.
The actress was born on July 10, 1996, from a very young age she expressed to her parents her love for acting, they took her to castings for doramas and movies, where she stood out thanks to her natural talent.
Moon Ga Young started her acting career with the 2016 movie ‘To Sir, With Love’ where she shared film set with the likes of Jang Sung Won, Kim Eung Su, Park Hyojoon and Kim Young Sun.
One of Moon Ga Young’s projects that marked her rise to stardom was ‘True Beauty’, the Korean dorama based on a webtoon story caught the attention of international audiences.
Here are some interesting facts and curiosities about Moon Ga Young, find out how well you know the famous actress who gave life to the character of Lim Ju Gyeong.
18 CURIOUS FACTS ABOUT MOON GA YOUNG
1. Moon Ga Young was born in the city of Karlsruhe in Germany, so she has German and Korean nationality, as her parents are originally from that Asian country.
2. The ‘True Beauty’ star has an amazing talent for languages, she can speak Korean, German and English perfectly.
3. Moon Ga Young made her debut in the world of Korean acting, dramas and entertainment in 2006.
4. She participated as a model in different K-pop MVs such as Toheart’s ‘Tell Me Why’, ‘Breath’ and ‘Blind’ for SM The Ballad project.
5. Are you a fan of EXO, you might have seen Moon Ga Young in dorama ‘EXO Next Door’, she played the role of Ji Yeon Hee.
6. The first Korean drama where the actress participated in was ‘By My Side’, a production of MBC TV network.
7. She paused her acting career for a while because she grew several centimeters, which prevented her from finding roles for a girl of her age.
View this post on Instagram
8. Moon Ga Young and Cha Eun Woo were students of the same university, both attended Sung Kyun Kwan campus.
9. The ‘True Beauty’ actress has very famous friendships including Namjoo, famous girl group member Apink and actor Kim Seonho.
10. Moon Ga Young won the acting excellence award at MBC Drama Awards 2018 for dorama ‘The Great Seducer’.
11. Moon Ga Young and Hwang In Yeop share a representation agency, both of them’s career is handled by KeyEast Company.
12. The director of ‘True Beauty’ gave her the lead role of the dorama because he said her casting was very good, Moon Ga Young introduced a scene being clueless and cautious.
View this post on Instagram
13. When asked about her appearance and Lim Ju Gyeong’s makeup, she said that she was not uncomfortable with the effects on her face, she just wanted to do her characterization work well.
14. In an interview, she revealed that it took her a while to understand Lim Ju Gyeong, then she felt a lot of responsibility to embody a good message of self-confidence and self-esteem in the drama.
15. Cha Eun Woo, Hwang In Yeop and Moon Ga Young formed a very good friendship on the filming set of ‘True Beauty’, now they are close friends.
16. After her acting in ‘True Beauty’, she got several proposals to lead beauty and fashion campaigns.
17. Moon Ga Young is a Cancer zodiac sign, it is believed that people born under this sign are dreamy, loving, with a good sense of humor and kind personality.18. The model’s filmography includes ‘Twenty Again’, ‘Eclipse’, ‘Salute D’Amour’ and ‘Jeju: The Island Of Time’.